Here are the best of the best from Week 5.
1) Glenbard North's Phil Jackson ran for 202 yards and three touchdowns and turned a screen pass into a 61-yard touchdown in the Panthers' win over West Chicago.
2) Simeon running back Horactio Banks rushed for 282 yards and three touchdowns in the Wolverines' win on Thursday.
3) Illinois recruit Josh Ferguson ran for 243 yards and four touchdowns in Joliet Catholic's 57-0 win over Nazareth.
4) Lake Zurich running back Jacob Brinlee ran for 274 yards and three touchdown in one half, and he added seven more yards in the second half to rush for a school-record 281 yards in the Bears' win over Libertyville.
5) Barrington running back Chase Murdock ran for a season-high 218 yards and three touchdowns in the Broncos' win over Conant. Murdock has six touchdowns in his last two games.
1) Vernon Hills' defense shut out its fifth consecutive opponent with Friday's 34-0 win over Antioch. The Cougars have out-scored their opponents 240-0 this season.
2) Stevenson's Carl Miller intercepted two passes, and Michael Kuhn had two sacks in the Patriots' win over Lake Forest.
3) South Elgin's Andrew York sacked Neuqua Valley's quarterback three times in the Storm's 21-14 win. The defense had five sacks all together.
4) Marmion's Mike Currie intercepted two passes in his team's win over Guerin. Marmion had five interceptions in total.
5) Schaumburg senior safety Bob Quilico made 11 tackles and caught a touchdown pass in the Saxons' 17-14 win over Fremd.
1) Carmel 20, Marist 16: The Corsairs drove 99 yards in 18 plays to score the game-winning touchdown in the fourth quarter to defeat Marist in the East Suburban Catholic match-up.
2) Schaumburg 17, Fremd 14: The Saxons rallied from a 7-3 deficit and held off Fremd in the end for the Mid-Suburban League West victory.
3) Aurora Christian 29, St. Edward 22: Aurora Christian's Anthony Maddie threw for 343 yards and two touchdowns on offense and broke up two passes in the final four minutes on defense to help in the win.
4) Lyons 14, Oak Park 9: Lyons remained undefeated when quarterback Brian Kelly hooked up with Dylan Fiedler for a 22-yard touchdown pass with 3:30 left in the game.
5) Marian Catholic 21, Notre Dame 20 OT: Marian Catholic's Jason Martinez blocked Notre Dame's extra-point attempt in overtime for the East Suburban Catholic victory.