TCU's No. 3 ranking and undefeated regular season meant a bunch of honors for the Frogs as the Mountain West announced all-conference honors on Tuesday. The list:
Offensive player of the year: TCU senior QB Andy Dalton. His accomplishments:
* The second player in league history to win back-to-back MWC Offensive Player of the Year honors (Bradlee Van Pelt, QB, Colorado State – 2002-03).
* He is also the first Horned Frog to earn back-to-back conference offensive player of the year honors since running back LaDainian Tomlinson won it in both 1999 and 2000.
* Is the ninth quarterback since the inception of the league to be named MWC Offensive Player of the Year.
* Ranks first in the MWC and fifth nationally in pass efficiency (167.0).
* Ranks fourth in the MWC and 46th in the FBS in passing yards per game (219.8). Also ranks second in the league and 33rd nationally in total offense with an average of 253.8 yards per game.
* Is currently averaging 33.9 rushing yards per game (407 total rushing yards).
* Has thrown for a career-high 2,638 yards this season with 26 touchdowns and just six interceptions.
* Named the MWC Offensive Player of the Week three times in 2010 (Sept. 20, Oct. 18 and Nov. 8).
Defensive player of the year: TCU junior LB Tank Carder
* He's the third TCU player to win Defensive Player of the Year honors in the last three seasons (Horned Frog DE Jerry Hughes claimed the award in 2008 and 2009).
* Has recorded a 54 tackles (31 solo) in 2010.
* Has notched 2.5 sacks (-12 yards) and 6.5 tackles for loss (-19 yards) this season. Also has registered five pass breakups and one fumble recovery.
* Anchors a TCU defense that is ranked first in the nation in total defense (215.4 yards per game), scoring defense (11.4 points per game) and pass defense (126.2 yards per game) and No. 3 in rush defense (89.2 yards per game).
* Instrumental in helping the Horned Frogs place first nationally in opponent third-down conversions (21.9 percent).
* Named to the 2010 AFCA Coaches’ All-America Second-Team.
Special teams player of the year: TCU senior Jeremy Kerley
* Kerley is the second player in Conference history to earn Special Teams Player of the Year honors multiple times since the inception of the award in 2006 (Utah PK/P Louie Sakoda won the award in 2006, 2007 and 2008).
* Ranks second in the MWC and 17th nationally with a punt return average of 12.9. Has 388 total yards on 30 punt returns.
* Ranks third in the league and tied for 18th nationally with a kick return average of 28.0. Has 476 total yards on 17 returns, including a career-long 83-yard effort at SMU on Sept. 24.
* Named the MWC Special Teams Player of the Week twice in 2010 (Sept. 27 and Oct. 18).
BTW, San Diego State running back Ronnie Hillman was the freshman of the year and San Diego State's Brady Hoke was coach of the year.