ARLINGTON, Texas -- The game is meaningless right? Well, yes in terms of what the Cowboys can do playoff-wise. The Giants took care of the Jets to remain alive. But Tony Romo suffered a hand injury in the first quarter on a sack.
1. There were two plays that spoke volumes to how the defense has played this season. Terence Newman played off on a completed pass to Jeremy Maclin, and on the 13-yard touchdown pass to Brent Celek from Michael Vick, Bradie James let Celek go in a zone coverage but Gerald Sensabaugh reacted late to the pass.
2. Felix Jones did a nice job with his lateral movement and taking on defenders on the first possession. He came out on a third down for Sammy Morris on the first possession, but it was still a positive that Jones look good early. He participated in five offensive snaps unofficially in the first quarter.
3. One of the more dangerous players on the field, Jason Babin, caused Tony Romo to get taken out of the game. Lined up at end, Babin moved inside and went untouched up the middle and smashed into Romo on an incompleted pass.
4. We like the aggression from DeMarcus Ware on the first play, but he can't get those penalties on the first play of the game for a neutral-zone infraction.
5. With Romo out so early, this was a chance for Stephen McGee to show what he can do. He made a nice throw to Dez Bryant on a slant but he was a little behind on a pass to Tony Fiammetta in the flat. It's consistency that McGee lacks more than anything else.
6. To tell you the seriousness of Romo's hand injury, Jerry Jones was on the sidelines talking to Jason Garrett in the first quarter.
8. The crowd here was a little more fired up than usual.
9. During spots of the opening quarter the big video board showed the Giants-Jets game, including the injury to Giants coach Tom Coughlin.
10. At some point today, the Cowboys need to sit guard Kyle Kosier and safety Gerald Sensabaugh due to nagging injuries.