EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Cowboys are turning a blowout into a tense affair.
1. Alan Ball and Terence Newman started the second half at cornerback with Mike Jenkins coming in on third downs. Jenkins has been playing with a bad shoulder and he aggravated it in the first half, so the Cowboys are limiting his snaps.
2. On a fourth-and-1, Sean Lee made an excellent play by stopping Brandon Jacobs in the hole for no gain with 2:23 to play.
3. Laurent Robinson had his first catch, a 12-yarder with 10:28 in the third quarter. Tony Romo was under duress most of the night, and while he did miss some receivers, an open Dez Bryant near the end of the half, Robinson has been one of his better receivers. Robinson caught a 34-yard touchdown from Tony Romo to make the score 21-7. It was Robinson's 10th touchdown reception of the season.
4. Kyle Kosier left with 7:49 to play with a left knee injury. He's been bothered by a foot injury most of the season. Kevin Kowalski replaced Kosier in the starting lineup.
5. After the Cowboys cut the deficit to two scores, the defense got a big sack on third down. DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher put Eli Manning down for the first time this season. What was big about the sack was the three corners on the field -- Orlando Scandrick, Terence Newman and Mike Jenkins -- contained the receivers, forcing Manning to keep looking down the field.
6. It seemed every run from Felix Jones and Sammy Morris was hard. Jones and Morris was fighting for every yard, dodging two or three defenders to get at least 3 yards.
7. Tony Romo threw his 10th interception of the season when trying to find Jason Witten over the middle, safety Antrel Rolle picked him off with 4:07 to play in the quarter. Romo had been pretty good in protecting the ball the last few weeks but not this time.
8. Miles Austin took a hard hit on third-down completion, dropped a pass and was stripped after catching the ball on the second possession of the second half.
9. We like the Cowboys shotgun formation with three and four receivers during this comeback because it spreads the Giants' defense out.
10. DeMarcus Ware was flagged for offsides, negating a turnover. It was the seventh time this year Ware was penalized for offsides.