OXNARD, Calif. -- The Cowboys mixed up the depth chart during Monday's practice, and worked on some red zone and team drills.
• The Cowboys are increasing the competition at left guard by rotating Nate Livings and Ronald Leary at the spot on the first team. Livings has struggled at the start of camp while Leary has excelled at times.
• With Dez Bryant out with a sore hip, Terrance Williams got some snaps with the first team, and Miles Austin picked up snaps with the second and third units. Tyron Smith also missed a few snaps with the first team for Edawn Coughman.
• Williams continues to get better with every practice. He beat Sterling Moore on a double move for a touchdown during one-on-one drills. Williams also made a nice leaping catch for a score in team drills over Morris Claiborne while catching a Tony Romo pass.
• On Monday morning, coach Jason Garrett was praising wide receiver Andre Smith's hands. Well, the free-agent receiver dropped two passes, one in the end zone in an individual drill. Smith, however, also caught a touchdown pass from Kyle Orton.
• Austin and Romo have great chemistry. On a back-shoulder fade throw, Austin turned around at the perfect time to catch the end zone pass to beat Carr.
• New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi and his son attended practice Monday afternoon. He spoke to the team after practice and received a warm applause.
• Friday's practice was changed to 4:45 p.m. PT.