Note: Here is ESPNDallas.com's final 2010 district football preview.
Corsicana (6-6, 4-3 in 16-4A) lost in DII area. Coach: Phil Castles
Ennis (5-5, 4-3 in 16-4A). Coach: Steve Marrow
Forney (6-5, 4-2 in 15-4A) lost in DI bi-district. Coach: Kevin Rush
Lancaster (4-6, 2-4 in 15-4A). Coach: Andrew Jackson
Mesquite Poteet (0-10, 0-6 in 15-4A). Coach: Randy Jackson
Red Oak (7-4, 5-1 in 15-4A) lost in DII bi-district. Coach: Mike Shields
Terrell (8-3, 4-2 in 15-4A) lost in DII bi-district. Coach: Chris Gilbert
Waxahachie (13-1, 7-0 in 16-4A) lost in DI regional finals. Coach: David Ream
West Mesquite (7-4, 5-1 in 15-4A) lost in DII bi-district. Coach: Mike Overton
THE BIG QUESTION: Is this the area’s toughest Class 4A district?
Eight district games await each member of 15-4A and no team, even Mesquite Poteet (winless in '09 but under a new head coach), can be taken for granted.
Facts that support the overall strength of 15-4A:
* The UIL realignment loaded 15-4A down with nine members. The high-end number for most districts is eight.
* Six of the nine were playoff teams last year: Corsicana, Forney, Red Oak, Terrell, Waxahachie and West Mesquite.
* Six are the only high school in their school district: Corsicana, Ennis, Lancaster, Red Oak, Terrell and Waxahachie.
* Football tradition is strong, particularly between rivals Corsicana, Waxahachie and Ennis. All have won state football championships.
* The combined 2009 record for the nine schools: 56-44.
PLAYERS TO WATCH:
WR/DB LaDarius Brown, LB Devin Chandler, DT James Mann, Waxahachie; WR/DB Thomas McDonald, LB Martin Davis, Corsicana; RB Zarron Dove, LB Dylan Honza, Ennis; LB Lesley Booker, DT Rishaad Wimbley, Forney; WR Cedric Gilbert, LB Trey Brown, DL Lance Skylar, Lancaster; WR Courtland Crumby, WR Justin Velasquez, Mesquite Poteet; WR Ishmael Harrison, DB Jeremy Brady, Red Oak; DB Keiondrick Scott, DL Brennan Gipson, Terrell; QB Trevone Boykin, WR Gary Owens, West Mesquite.
DID YOU KNOW?
Waxahachie has an active streak of 20 straight playoff appearances. The Indians last missed the playoffs in 1989.
PROJECTED PLAYOFF TEAMS