The NBA might have canceled the start of training camps, but Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle and his staff will still be coaching.
The Mavs announced two Fantasy Camps, on Oct. 5 and 6 -- what should have been Days 2 and 3 of Mavs training camp at SMU -- for fans ages 16 and up.
Here's how the Mavs describe the camps:
The Fantasy Camps will gives a one-of-a-kind basketball experience they'll never forget. Campers will have a full day of workouts, coached by the coaching staff of the 2011 NBA Champions. Mavs General Manager Donnie Nelson and Coach Rick Carlisle will be on hand to welcome each camper to the Mavs as they sign a one-day contract.
There will be four teams comprised of eight campers each. In addition to the Mavs Alumni assigned to coach each team, they will be assigned a support staff member who will be available for instruction on shooting techniques, defensive skills, as well as basketball strategy.
For $650 ($500 for season-ticket holders):
* Meet & greet with Mavs coaches, legends, training staff and President of Basketball Operations, Donnie Nelson
* Sign a Mavs-for-a-Day Contract
* Coached by the 2011 NBA champion Dallas Mavericks coaching staff
*Official adidas Mavs practice gear
* 8x10 photo with the Larry O’Brien trophy and autographed by Rick Carlisle
*Nameplate, which will be placed over a locker in the Mavs Locker Room
* Opportunity to play on Mavs practice court
*Breakfast and lunch provided by caterers of the team
A portion of the proceeds will go to the Mavs Foundation.