SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC at FC DALLAS
FC DALLAS STADIUM, Frisco, Texas
May 9, 2012
7:30 p.m. CT (FS-SW+)
LAMAR'S TAILGATE: Gates open at 6:00 p.m. on the North Concourse featuring the Ben E. Keith 1,000 pound smoker, live music, street tacos, the FC Dallas Promo Girls and much more.
LARRY HALL SCARFING: North Texas Premier Soccer Association President Larry Hall will scarf the Lamar Hunt statue during pregame festivities.
FREE CUSTOMIZATION WITH JERSEY PURCHASE
Purchase an FC Dallas jersey at tonight's match and you'll receive free customization. That's a $20 value for free!
REFEREE: Fotis Bazakos.
MLS Career: First game.
SAR (bench): Frank Anderson;
JAR (opposite): Corey Rockwell;
4th: Abbey Okulaja
-FC DALLAS – OUT: MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF Andrew Wiedeman (sports hernia repair); MF Carlos Rodriguez (L elbow dislocation); MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms); QUESTIONABLE: Brek Shea (L foot turf toe)
- SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC – OUT: GK Josh Ford (R knee stress fracture); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); DF Michael Tetteh (L hamstring strain); FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear); DOUBTFUL: GK Michael Gspurning (R hip injury)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: DAL: Richard Sanchez (Mexico U-20)
- DAL: Blas Perez (through May 9); Daniel Hernandez (through May 9)
- SEA: Leo Gonzalez (through May 9)
- SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none
- SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DAL: Jair Benitez, Daniel Hernandez
- ALL-TIME (6 meetings): FC Dallas 1 win, 6 goals … Sounders FC 2 wins, 7 goals … Ties 3
- AT DALLAS (3 meetings): FC Dallas 0 wins, 3 goals … Sounders FC 1 win, 4 goals … Ties 2
9/2: FC Dallas vs. Seattle Sounders FC, 7 p.m. CT;
10/21: Seattle Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas, 6 p.m. (ESPN/Deportes)
LAST YEAR (MLS):
-5/25: SEA 0, DAL 1 (Shea 18)
-8/20: DAL 0, SEA 1 (Rosales 16)
- The road team won each meeting last year, with FC Dallas winning 1-0 in Seattle, and Sounders FC returning the favor in a 1-0 win on Aug. 20 in Frisco.
- FC Dallas have never defeated Sounders FC at FCD Stadium – with two draws in Frisco preceding last year’s win.
- Sounders FC haven’t defeated FC Dallas at Qwest Field in league play since 2009.
Schellas Hyndman vs. SEA: P31 W13 L8 D10 …
Sigi Schmid vs. DAL: P6 W1 L2 D3
FC DALLAS TEAM NEWS
- FC Dallas saw their winless run reach four games, having taken just two of a possible 12 points since their last win, April 12 vs. Montréal.
- After playing two men down for nearly a third of the match, FC Dallas finally broke with Colorado scoring two goals in a 13-minute span.
- Brek Shea was held out of the match after the contest at LA, when he was substituted after 76 minutes. Shea is also dealing with turf toe.
- Kevin Hartman made his return to the lineup after missing three games with back spasms. He was credited with seven saves on the evening.
- When Hernandez and Perez were sent off, James Marcelin was given his FC Dallas debut, coming in for Scott Sealy as Hyndman tried to readjust his line. He could figure in the first XI for the Seattle match with Hernandez suspended.
- Once again, Hyndman will be forced to make changes in his side – he has yet to keep the same team from one game to the next, and has run out 10 different lineups this season.
SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC TEAM NEWS\
- At 6-1-1, Sounders FC are off to the best start in the club’s MLS history. “Three games in a week is not an easytask, but we came out with nine points so that is something that we are very happy about,” said Sounders FC head coach Sigi Schmid.
- Sounders FC have recorded back-to-back shutouts, four in their last five games and in five games on the season. The shutout against Philadelphia came with three different players in the back four – only center back Jeff Parke kept his place from midweek.
- Mauro Rosales scored his first goal of the season, in his third start after missing four matches with a knee sprain.
- Fredy Montero collected his first assist of the season, setting up Rosales after opening his goalscoring account at midweek.
- Bryan Meredith was given his first professional start in goal, after making his full debut at midweek when firstchoice goalkeeper aggravated a hip injury in the first half of the LA Galaxy match.
- Schmid said Gspurning will likely miss both matches this week. He said there is an outside chance he will available to return for the May 19 contest vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC.