Stars owner Tom Hicks talked with a few media members yesterday at his office at The Crescent. Here's the complete story from yesterday, in case you missed it.
Among the highlights:
* Hicks lent $85 million of his money to Hicks Sports Group over a two-year period ending March 31, 2009. That date is when HSG defaulted on $525 million in loans.
* Hicks wants a sale of the Stars completed in six months.
* Don't expect the team to move, said Stars president Jeff Cogen. The club has an agreement with American Airlines Center that makes it very difficult to move anyway.
* The Stars will roll back ticket prices in the premium seats in the lower bowl between the blue lines.
* Hicks, Cogen and GM Joe Nieuwendyk believe the team can be successful under its current budget. And Hicks said fans should not expect a new owner to increase the payroll.