Some leftover tidbits from the series in Boston:
* Rangers pitchers recorded 14 strikeouts Sunday, their most ever against the Red Sox in a nine-inning game. C.J. Wilson set a career high with 10 strikeouts.
* Wilson is 2-0 vs. the Red Sox this year. The Red Sox have scored only one run on seven hits against Wilson in 13 1/3 innings in his two starts.
* David Ortiz, the only left-handed hitter in Boston's starting lineup, went 0-for-3 against Wilson. Lefties are now hitting an anemic .093 (9-for-97) off Wilson on the year.
* Vladimir Guerrero completed his first career regular-season appearance in left field without incident. David Murphy went in as a defensive replacement in the eighth. Guerrero has played left in two All-Star Games.
* Saturday's outing by Cliff Lee was his sixth consecutive start with at least eight innings and fewer than two walks. According to ESPN Stats and Analysis, that ties him for the majors' second longest such streak in the last 30 years. Greg Maddux did it for seven straight games in 1994. Lee's only walk in nine innings, by the way, was intentional.