Here are some interesting numbers and stats to get you ready for this weekend's series between the Rangers and Yankees. It all starts tonight at 7:05 p.m. at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Justin Ray at ESPN Stats & Information put this together for us:
* The Rangers are 1-4 in 5 games against the Yankees this season, scoring just 16 runs in those 5 games and hitting .224 as a team. That’s nearly 2 runs per game lower than their season average, and more than 50 batting average points lower than their season average.
* The Rangers don't see CC Sabathia this series. He's 8-3 against Texas in 14 career starts, yet his ERA is 4.29 against Texas in his career.
* Cliff Lee is expected to start Sunday for the Rangers. His career against the Yankees:
Regular season: 11 starts, 5-4 record with a 4.81 ERA and a .289 opponent batting average
Postseason: 2 starts, 2-0 record with a 2.81 ERA and .217 opponent batting average in the 2009 World Series.
* Since 2005, the Yankees are 16-5 in Arlington. The last time the Rangers won a series of 3 or more games from the Yankees was May 21-23, 2004.
* Michael Young has been great against the Yankees in his career, and this season especially. Young is hitting .429 against New York this season, .301 for his career against the club.