* Part of this series includes weekend games in the afternoon. Saturday's game is a 3:05 p.m. start and Sunday's first pitch is at 2:05 p.m.
* Minnesota lost two of three to the Oakland A's, falling 5-1 on Wednesday afternoon. The Twins are 1-4 on the road trip and 51-72 on the season, last in the AL Central.
* Roy Oswalt is on the mound tonight instead of Yu Darvish. The Rangers decided to play it safe with Darvish and give his tight right quad a chance to rest. He'll start again Tuesday. Oswalt was solid in his start Saturday in Toronto, allowing one run on two hits in 4 2/3 innings in the Rangers' win.
* Adrian Beltre is coming off a three-homer night to finish the Baltimore series. It came after he felt he was in a slump at the plate and didn't feel comfortable (he had just one homer and seven RBIs in his last 29 games before Wednesday night). But that type of game could be just the thing he needs to feel better and start driving in more runs.
* The offense had a big inning -- a nine-run fourth that featured three home runs and plenty of men on base. The question is whether they can carry that through for the remainder of the homestand. That's been one issue for the offense the past few months is finding consistency.
* We should see some of Mike Olt in this series as manager Ron Washington tries to find some playing time for the rookie when he can. That is likely to include seeing him in the lineup tonight against lefty Scott Diamond, who is 10-5 with a 2.95 ERA.