SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Texas Rangers outfielder Alex Rios has been cleared to do drills with the rest of the team after his left big toe felt better. The toe has bothered Rios since he played on the turf in Toronto a few years ago.
Rios has managed the toe since then and eased off it for a few days. But he's back and expected to participate in drills today. He's not in the lineup for the intrasquad game.
* INF Kevin Kouzmanoff (sore back) will not participate in drills today and is listed as day-to-day.
* RHP Tanner Scheppers (back) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session today.
* C Geovany Soto (left foot surgery) is in Arizona and is expected to come by the facility at some point today. His timetable is 10 days to let the sutures heal before he can resume baseball activity. The Rangers hope he can get in some Cactus League games in the final two weeks before the season starts.
* RHP Ben Rowen (biceps tendinitis) will start a throwing program the first week of March.
* RHP Daniel Bard (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome) is in the early stages of his throwing program.
* Assistant GM Thad Levine (broken left thumb) injured the thumb playing basketball. He's wearing a brace on it and certainly can't play basketball for a while.