SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Texas Rangers left-handed starter Matt Harrison completed a long toss session Saturday with no issues, throwing as far as 250 feet. His next task: throwing off a half-mound. He'll do that on the back fields Monday and then continue to progress until he can pitch in a Cactus League game.
There's no set timetable for that at this point.
"I feel good," Harrison said. "I just have to keep going. I feel like my arm is strong."
* LF Shin-Soo Choo is not in the lineup because of what assistant GM Thad Levine called "spring training arm." Choo's triceps muscle is a little sore, so he's listed as day-to-day. The club does not believe it's serious. Read more here.
* RHP Rafael Perez (hamstring strain) is expected to throw a live batting practice Sunday.
* RHP Tanner Scheppers (back tightness) is scheduled to throw two innings in Sunday's Cactus League game against the White Sox.
* RHP Nick Tepesch (back tightness) is scheduled to throw Monday in a Cactus League game.
* OF Leonys Martin (back tightness) was cleared for baseball activities, but is not in the lineup Sunday.
* 2B Jurickson Profar (shoulder tendinitis) threw to bases Saturday and has not had any setbacks as he continues to progress. He isn't quite ready to play second base in games yet.