A few things in regards to Sunday's game versus Colorado, which was not picked up by NBC and will not be televised in the local DFW area:
* The Stars tried to get the game picked up locally, but couldn't get it done.
* This ends a string of 1,101 consecutive games (including playoffs) televised in the DFW area. The streak began with the final five games of the 1996-97 season. The Stars televised every game for 11 consecutive seasons (1997-98 -- 2008-09). Most of these contests were televised on FOX Sports Southwest or My27, with others coming on VERSUS, NBC, KDFW-TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, or FOX.
* The last Stars regular season game not televised in Dallas-Ft. Worth: April 4, 1997 at Anaheim.
* It isn't unusual for some teams to not have certain games on TV. About half of the NHL teams don't televise every game locally. That list includes Minnesota, Edmonton, Vancouver, Calgary, Los Angeles and Anaheim (among others).
* A reminder that if you have NHL Center Ice, the blackout in the DFW area will be lifted, but you'll get the Colorado feed.