Canada had a 2-0 lead, but the United States managed to score to close the gap to one-goal, the same as it was at the end of the first period. Some thoughts:
* Big goal for Team USA. It was starting to look like Canada had all the momentum and might put some more distance between themselves and the U.S., but Ryan Kesler re-directed a puck past Roberto Luongo to make things very interesting for the third period.
* I agree with the announcers that Luongo doesn't look 100 percent sharp. The U.S. needs to keep peppering him with pucks and maybe take a few more chances behind by a goal with just one period left.
* Good, physical play at times for both teams. Look for more of that in the third. The U.S. need to get ultra-aggressive on the forecheck and try to create some chances.
* Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry sure have played well during this tournament. Brenden Morrow has played with a lot recently, certainly helping the duo.
* I still think Team Canada will hang on. But this should be a fun third period.