DALLAS -- Hockey has resumed at American Airlines Center. I don't know about you, but I've missed it. A few quick thoughts:
* There was plenty of energy. You could tell most of the players were eager to get back on the ice and start hitting someone.
* A defensive breakdown behind the Stars' net cost Dallas early in the period. Alexander Frolov came right out from behind the net and Jarret Stoll was able to throw the puck past Marty Turco. But there was no one in front of the net for the Stars to make life difficult on Frolov or Stoll.
* The Stars had too many turnovers in the first period. Protecting the puck should be a point of emphasis in the second.
* Jere Lehtinen had an awkward hit near the end of the period and skated slowly to the bench. I would hate to speculate (but I will), though it looked like he had the wind knocked out of him.
* Look for the Stars to try to get some more shots off in the second. They need to put more pressure on the Kings' net.