Main Events and Golden Boy Promotions on Friday announced the full undercard that will support the Bernard Hopkins-Sergey Kovalev light heavyweight unification bout and the welterweight co-feature between Sadam Ali and Luis Carlos Abregu on Nov. 8 (HBO) at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
French light heavyweight Nadjib Mohammedi (35-3, 21 KOs) will face Demetrius Walker (7-7-1, 4 KOs) of Kansas City, Missouri, in a 10-rounder. Mismatch on paper, perhaps, but Mohammedi’s presence on the card is part of what enabled Hopkins-Kovalev to be finalized. He beat Anatoliy Dudchenko by seventh-round knockout in June to become one of Hopkins’ mandatory challengers and Golden Boy is taking care of him with this fight since he didn’t cause a stink about Hopkins facing Kovalev first, although Hopkins was well within his rights based on IBF rules.
Main Events’ main undercard fight involves heavyweight contender Vyacheslav "Czar" Glazkov (18-0-1, 11 KOs), a 2008 Olympic bronze medalist from Ukraine. Glazkov, who owns a win over Tomasz Adamek, will face Miami's Darnell "Ding-A-Ling-Man" Wilson (25-17-3, 21 KOs), a former cruiserweight world title challenger and big puncher.
The rest of the card includes:
• Los Angeles-based Ukrainian light heavyweight Vyacheslav Shabransky (10-0, 8 KOs) versus Puerto Rico’s Emil Gonzalez (11-8-1, 8 KOs) in a 10-rounder.
• Philadelphia featherweight Eric Hunter (18-3, 9 KOs) versus William Gonzalez (27-5, 23 KOs) of Nicaragua in a 10-rounder.
• Miami-based Cuban light heavyweight Sullivan Barrera (13-0, 8 KOs) versus Rowland Bryant (18-3, 12 KOs) of Almonte Springs, Florida, in an eight-rounder.
• Russian super middleweight Andrey Sirotkin (4-0, 1 KO) versus Michael Mitchell (3-4-2, 1 KO) of Paterson, New Jersey, in a six-rounder.
• Lightweight Ryan Martin (8-0, 4 KOs) of Chattanooga, Tennessee, versus Isaac Gonzalez (17-3, 12 KOs) of Tucson, Arizona, in a four-rounder.