For the second time, the return of Zab Judah has been postponed.
Judah, the former undisputed welterweight champion and three-time junior welterweight titleholder, was scheduled to face former junior lightweight world titleholder Juan Carlos Salgado (26-5-1, 16 KOs), 30, of Mexico, in a 10-round junior welterweight bout on Friday night at The D Las Vegas in the main event of promoter Greg Cohen’s CBS Sports Net-televised card.
However, the card was called off on Sunday because Salgado dropped out and a new opponent for Judah could not be found on such short notice.
“Salgado has pulled out with an ankle injury. He sent valid medical documentation,” Cohen told ESPN.com. “On such short notice it's essentially impossible to find a suitable replacement. We are working with the venue and the network to reschedule as soon as possible. Truly disappointing.”
With no Judah fight, the reason the casino bought the show, Cohen said he had no choice but to bring down the entire card.
Judah (42-9, 29 KOs), who turned 38 last month, is looking to fight for the first time since a decision loss to Paulie Malignaggi in a December 2013 battle for Brooklyn, New York, bragging rights. Judah recently signed with Cohen and his first scheduled return fight was also called off.
He was initially scheduled to return from the layoff on Sept. 10 in Westbury, New York, but he got into a scuffle with opponent Hevinson Herrera at the weigh-in the day before the bout. Herrera claimed he suffered an injury during the scuffle and could not fight, so the bout was canceled, although the rest of the card went on as scheduled.