Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn, who has an exclusive deal to provide the fights seen on subscription sports network Sky Sports in the United Kingdom, unveiled the early part of his fall Sky schedule on Wednesday and it’s ambitious.
Here’s a look at the schedule so far:
• Aug. 30: Newly signed middleweight contender Matthew Macklin and heavyweight prospect Anthony Joshua, the 2012 British Olympic super heavyweight gold medalist, will appear in separate fights atop a card in Dublin, Ireland.
• Sept. 13: Junior featherweight titleholder Scott Quigg will make his fourth defense against an opponent to be determined in Manchester, England. Lightweight Anthony Crolla will also be in action in the show.
• Sept. 27: Super middleweight Paul Smith, who is with Matchroom, is headed to Germany to challenge titleholder Arthur Abraham on a Sauerland Event card.
• Oct. 4: British and Commonwealth featherweight champion Josh Warrington will headline a card in his hometown of Leeds, England. Also on the card, Jamie McDonnell will defend his bantamweight world title.
• Oct. 11: A card at the O2 Arena in London will include super middleweight contender James DeGale, lightweight contender Kevin Mitchell and another appearance by Joshua as well as a featherweight title elimination fight between Lee Selby and Joel Brunker. The winner becomes the mandatory challenger for the titleholder Evgeny Gradovich.
• Oct. 25: Lightweights Luke Campbell, a 2012 British Olympic gold medalist, and Tommy Coyle will fight in separate bouts in their hometown of Hull, England.