Last week welterweight prospect Thomas Dulorme of Puerto Rico announced he had left longtime trainer Jose Bonilla to join the stable of Robert Garcia in Oxnard, Calif.
On Tuesday, Dulorme (20-1, 14 KOs) announced that he has further changed his team, buying out two of the three promoters who owned stakes in his promotional contract.
Gone are Lou DiBella and Javier Bustillo of Universal Promotions, who had signed Dulorme along with Gary Shaw in 2012. Shaw will remain as Dulorme’s promoter.
"I bought the parts of my contract that belonged to Lou DiBella and Javier Bustillo, but Gary Shaw stays in,” Dulorme said. “I felt that lately those businesses were not going well and I had to do something about it. But this is nothing personal against DiBella and Bustillo because they have been very important in my career and I learned a lot from them. But, still, this is just plain business.
Shaw told ESPN.com he is aiming for the 24-year-old Dulorme to return to action in April.
Dulorme was as a red-hot prospect until he was overmatched against the more experienced and stronger Luis Carlos Abregu, who knocked him out in the seventh round in October 2012. Dulorme has won four fights in a row since.