No. 2 Notre Dame puts its undefeated record on the line tonight against No. 12 Tennessee in Knoxville. (7 p.m. ET, ESPN2 and WatchESPN). Here are five fast facts about the rivalry.
1. The Lady Vols own a 20-3 career record over the Fighting Irish. Tennessee won the first 20 games between the schools, with Notre Dame finally defeating its orange-clad rivals to punch a ticket to the 2011 Final Four. Including that NCAA tournament victory, the Irish have won the last three meetings.
2. The teams last met on Jan. 26, 2013. Former Notre Dame star Skylar Diggins had a career-high 33 points to lead the Irish to a 77-67 victory.
3. The Lady Vols honored legendary coach Pat Summitt before the 2013 meeting by raising a banner in her honor to the rafters at Thompson-Boling Arena. Many of the Tennessee greats were in attendance, including Candace Parker, Chamique Holdsclaw and Tamika Catchings.
4. Notre Dame held Tennessee to its lowest scoring game in school history on Jan. 23, 2012, beating the Lady Vols 72-44 in South Bend, Ind.
5. There's more to come. Notre Dame and Tennessee are scheduled to play the next two seasons at Purcell Pavilion before returning to Knoxville to complete the four-year contract in 2016-17.