The top seven teams from last week’s rankings went unbeaten, while the Big VIII League did some reshuffling as J.W. North reemerged as the team to beat.
1. (1) Etiwanda, 17-1: Sophomore point guard Jordan McLaughlin continues to be the model of consistency, scoring 21 points in a 56-35 win at Glendora and 20 in a 61-43 victory against visiting Upland. Next: Tuesday vs. Los Osos.
2. (2) Murrieta Valley, 16-1: The Nighthawks opened Southwestern League play with victories last week against Temecula Valley and Great Oak. Reid Shackelford was the high scorer of the week with 25 points Thursday against Great Oak. Next: Tuesday vs. Murrieta Mesa.
3. (3) Elsinore, 13-2: The Tigers opened Sunbelt League play Wednesday with a 68-47 victory against Lakeside. E.J. Twyman and Lawrence Chamberlain scored 24 points each for Elsinore, which came back to defeat Temescal Canyon on Friday. Next: Monday vs. Leuzinger at St. Bernard HS.
4. (4) Eisenhower, 9-6: The Eagles are off to a 2-0 start in Citrus Belt League play after downing Yucaipa (59-48) and A.B. Miller (74-39) last week. Marvelle Harris scored 22 of his game-high 27 points in the first half Friday night against Miller. Next: Monday vs. Ayala at Los Osos HS.
5. (5) Summit, 13-6: Isaiah Taylor was the high scorer in victories last week against visiting Jurupa Valley and Bloomington. The 6-1 senior guard scored 22 in the 74-54 victory Wednesday against Jurupa Valley and 27 on Friday in the 87-43 win against Bloomington. Next: Wednesday at Norte Vista.
6. (6) Rancho Verde, 14-4: The Mustangs are off to a 6-0 start in Inland Valley League play after wins last week against visiting Valley View (84-70) and at La Sierra (75-40). Next: Tuesday vs. Moreno Valley.
7. (7) Cajon, 12-6: Stephen Marshall scored 31 points Thursday to lead the Cowboys to a 62-57 victory against Arroyo Valley in a matchup of unbeaten San Andreas League teams. Next: Tuesday at Carter.
8. (9) J.W. North, 14-4: The Huskies moved atop the Big VIII League standings with victories last week against Roosevelt (70-66), Corona Santiago (66-52) and Riverside King (75-48). Next: Wednesday vs. Corona
9. (NR) Palm Desert, 12-3: The Aztecs ended a 39-game winning streak by Palm Springs in Desert Valley League play with a 57-52 victory Wednesday. Jonathan Serven scored 24 points and Robert Romero had 23 to lead Palm Desert. Next: Tuesday at Cathedral City.
10. (NR) Corona Santiago, 13-5: The Sharks moved into a tie for second in the Big VIII League with victories last week against Corona and Riverside Poly. Alex Blumenfeld scored 21 in the 46-45 victory against Corona. Next: Wednesday at Riverside King.
Dropped out: Roosevelt (9-9), Corona (12-6).
Just missed: Riverside King (13-5), Colony (12-6), Montclair (16-1), Chino Hills (12-4), Riverside Poly (11-7), Don Lugo (11-5), Silverado (14-2).