1. Crenshaw (14-1): Last year's Open Division runner-up opens the season in Georgia, with USC commits De'Anthony Thomas and Marcus Martin leading the way.
2. Serra (15-0): The defending Division III state champion Cavaliers have all the talent, but a weak schedule might diminish their accomplishments.
3. Long Beach Poly (6-6): Nine returning starters on each side of the ball has Poly eyeing an Open Division bowl bid following a down year last fall.
4. Lakewood (11-2): Star defensive tackle Todd Barr leads an experienced defense that should keep Lakewood in contention for the Moore League title.
5. Bishop Amat (10-2): Keep an eye on two-sport standout Rio Ruiz at quarterback. He was last year's State Sophomore Athlete of the Year.
6. Dorsey (9-4): Rival Crenshaw took center stage last year, but Dorsey has the offense to make noise this season.
7. Carson (10-3): The Colts return seven starters on both sides, led by QB Justin Alo and tailbacks Dion Willis and Myles Johnson.
8. Narbonne (8-6): City Section title loss to Crenshaw adds motivation, loss of prized safety Sean Parker (Washington) adds adversity.
9. St. Francis (9-3): Standout Dietrich Riley is now at UCLA, but seven starters return on offense.
10. Dominguez (Compton) 6-6: Coach Willie Donerson has top offensive weapons Will Gregory and Chris Brown back.