None of the top 10 teams dropped a game last week, leaving things intact heading into the Southern Section playoffs beginning Friday.
1. (1) Etiwanda, 26-1: Dominique Walker, a 6-3 senior guard, scored a career-high 19 points Thursday night in a 70-64 victory against Rancho Cucamonga in a Baseline League finale. Next: Friday vs. San Clemente in a Division 1AA first-round game.
2. (2) Eisenhower, 18-7: There might be some debate which is the second-best team in the Inland Empire but there’s no arguing who’s the best team in the Citrus Belt League after the Eagles completed their third consecutive undefeated run. Next: Friday vs. Montebello in a Division 1AA first-round game.
3. (3) Elsinore, 24-3: After their close call against Perris the week before, the Tigers completed their third-straight undefeated run through Sunbelt League play with one-sided victories against Heritage and Paloma Valley. Next: Friday vs. Patriot in a Division 2A first-round game.
4. (4) Murrieta Valley, 23-2: The Nighthawks earned payback against Vista Murrieta with a 71-48 victory Tuesday and also clinched their second consecutive outright Southwestern League title. Vista Murrieta handed Murrieta Valley its only blemish in league play with a 13-point win Jan. 19. Next: Friday vs. Chino in a Division 2A first-round game.
5. (5) J.W. North, 21-5: The Huskies couldn’t beat Riverside Poly in Big VIII League play but beat everyone else en route to a 12-2 record and first place in the Inland Empire’s toughest league. Poly finished second at 9-5. Next: Friday vs. Simi Valley in a Division 2AA first-round game.
6. (6) Summit, 21-6: Devon Alexander, a 6-1 senior guard, scored a season-high 33 points Tuesday night to lead the SkyHawks to a 72-57 victory against Kaiser, helping them finish 10-0 in the Sunkist League for the third consecutive season. Next: Friday vs. San Gorgonio in a Division 2AA first-round game.
7. (7) Cajon, 20-6: Finishing 14-0 in the San Andreas League isn’t easy, but the Cowboys accomplished that task thanks to a 15-foot leaner at the buzzer by senior Michael Henley, lifting Cajon to a 62-61 victory Tuesday against Arroyo Valley. Next: Friday vs. Valley View in a Division 2AA first-round game.
8. (8) Colony, 19-8: The Titans were the last top 10 team to clinch an outright league title, needing a victory Thursday against visiting Montclair. They got what they needed, 69-54, securing their seventh consecutive Mt. Baldy League championship. Next: Friday vs. Western in a Division 2A first-round game.
9. (9) Silverado, 21-2: The Hawks went into last week having already clinched their second consecutive outright Desert Sky League title but they made the long trip to Ridgecrest Burroughs on Tuesday worth their while, getting 23 points from Dedricous Jones in the 73-63 victory. Next: Friday vs. Highland in a Division 1AA first-round game.
10. (10): Palm Springs, 18-6: Nothing like a couple 40-plus point victories to help the Indians clinch their fourth consecutive Desert Valley League title and get them primed for the postseason. Next: Friday vs. Hemet in a Division 3AAA first-round game.
Just missed: Arroyo Valley (14-9); Ayala (18-8); Beaumont (20-2); Canyon Springs (15-8); Chino Hills (16-10); Citrus Hill (16-10); Citrus Valley (19-4); Corona Santiago (17-9); Don Lugo (19-6); Montclair (21-4); Palm Desert (19-5); Perris (19-8); Rancho Verde (20-6); Riverside Poly (18-8); Upland (18-9), Vista Murrieta (14-11).