Heading into the final week of the Southern Section boys' basketball playoffs and three top 10 teams remain alive.
1. (1) Etiwanda, 29-1: The third-seeded Eagles got what they hoped for, another rematch with Long Beach Poly in a Division 1AA semifinal Tuesday night at Anaheim Convention Center.
2. (2) Eisenhower, 20-8: The Eagles stayed with Poly for three quarters Friday night but couldn’t get over a 40-point, 15-rebound effort from Roschon Prince in the 77-67 loss.
3. (3) Elsinore, 27-3: The fifth-seeded Tigers knocked off No. 4 Leuzinger in a Division 2A quarterfinal Friday night, earning a berth in the semifinals and a shot at their first championship appearance since 1974.
4. (8) Colony, 22-8: The Titans always seem to find their way to the end and here they are again, in the semifinals of Division 2A after an upset Friday at second-seeded Compton.
5. (4) Murrieta Valley, 25-3: A loss to Righetti in another Division 2A quarterfinal ended the season a little sooner than expected for the Nighthawks, who came in seeded third in the division.
6. (5) J.W. North, 23-6: The same can be said for the Huskies, who entered the postseason seeded third in Division 2AA but bowed out Friday with a 77-75 loss to 11th-seeded Sunny Hills.
7. (7) Cajon, 22-7: The 12th-seeded Cowboys were in good position to sneak into the semifinals in Division 2AA but couldn’t get past unseeded Inglewood in Friday’s quarterfinals and lost, 60-55.
8. (6) Summit, 23-7: There won’t be any magical runs for the SkyHawks this season. Their season also ended at the hands of a two-point loss to Sunny Hills in Tuesday’s second round.
9. (9) Silverado, 22-3: Silverado got thrown in with the big boys in Division 1AA and managed a win before losing in the second round to Santa Monica.
10. (NR) Upland, 20-10: The Highlanders started playing well when it mattered most, winning their first two games in Division 1AA before losing by six points Friday against fourth-seeded Loyola.
Dropped out: Palm Springs (19-7).
Just missed: Arroyo Valley (14-10); Ayala (19-9); Beaumont (21-3); Canyon Springs (15-9); Chino Hills (17-11); Citrus Hill (17-12); Citrus Valley (20-5); Corona (18-11); Corona Santiago (17-10); Don Lugo (20-7); Montclair (21-5); Palm Desert (19-7); Perris (19-9); Rancho Cucamonga (16-12); Rancho Verde (21-7); Riverside Poly (20-9); Upland (20-10), Vista Murrieta (16-12).