1. Lakewood (1-0): Led by a dominant defensive front, the Lancers have potential to put up their share of zeroes. Next: 9/10 at St. John Bosco (1-0) - Last: 49-0 W vs. Locke.
2. Long Beach Poly(1-0): A new-found passing attack has the Jackrabbit faithful thinking about the DeSean Jackson days. Next: 9/10 vs. St. Bonaventure (0-0) - Last: 42-28 W vs. Bakersfield.
3. Serra (1-0): With the toughest test out of the way, the Cavaliers appear primed for another undefeated season. Next: 9/10 vs. Redondo Union (1-0) - Last: 34-7 W at Sherman Oaks Notre Dame.
4. Crenshaw (0-1): An injury to tailback De'Anthony Thomas meant another loss for the Cougars. Next: 9/10 at Norco (0-0) - Last: 12-17 L at North Gwinnett (Suwanee, Ga.).
5. Bishop Amat (1-0): The Rio Ruiz-to-Zachary Shay connection looks like a key for the Lancers. Next: 9/10 at Compton Dominguez (1-0) - Last: 23-0 W at Garfield.
6. Dorsey (1-0): Marvin Hall looked more like ex-NFL star Dante Hall last week, doing it all for the Dons. Next: 9/8 vs. Woodland Hills Taft (0-0) - Last: 41-0 W at North Hollywood.
7. Carson(1-0): Surprise, surprise. The Colts showed they are a team to worry about in the City Section. Perennial power Mater Dei found out the hard way. Next: 9/9 vs. Fontana Miller (0-1) - Last: 14-10 W at Mater Dei.
8. Compton Dominguez (1-0): Can the Dons continue to build momentum off a solid road victory? Next: 9/10 vs. Bishop Amat (1-0) - Last: W 14-11 at Encino Crespi.
9. St. John Bosco (1-0): As if the Trinity League needed needed another dangerous squad. Next: 9/10 vs. Lakewood (1-0) - Last: 47-21 W at Mission Hills.
10. Narbonne (0-0): The Gauchos open the season with a challenging four-game stretch. We'll get our first look Thursday. Next: 9/9 at Southgate South East (1-0) - Last: N/A.