1. (3) Canyon (9-1) – The Canyon girls' basketball team lost its first game of the season, 72-64, to St. Bernard’s in the semifinals of the Burroughs Tournament. Canyon won the third-place game of the tournament, 68-48, over Calabasas. Alia McCoy made the all-tournament team and scored 13 points against Calabasas in the third-place game.
2. (2) Bellarmine-Jefferson (8-4) – Bell-Jeff went 2-2 in the Nike Tournament of Champions in Arizona. The Bell-Jeff girls beat Tolleson, 64-52, and Central Catholic from Portland, Ore., 43-40. Bell-Jeff lost to Dougherty Valley, 49-37, and Chandler of Arizona, 53-50.
3. (4) Buena (10-3) – The Buena girls lost to St. Joseph’s of Santa Maria, 67-66 in overtime, in the championship game of the Santa Barbara Tournament of Champions. Buena’s Keani Albanez scored 33 points in the loss. Buena went 3-1 in the tournament, beating Cathedral Catholic of San Diego, Chaminade and Arroyo Grande.
4. (5) Agoura (7-3) – After losing its first two games of the Santa Barbara Tournament of Champions, Agoura finished strong. The Agoura girls beat Clovis North, 68-44, in their final game in the consolation bracket. Camile Mahlknecht scored 18 points and had 13 rebounds against Clovis North. Freshman Noam Leead scored 17 points for Agoura.
5. (1) Harvard-Westlake (7-6) – The Harvard-Westlake girls went 2-2 in the Nike Tournament of Champions in Arizona. The Harvard-Westlake girls beat Palos Verdes, 52-48, and Alameda, 48-30. Harvard-Westlake lost to Mountain View, 45-41, and St. Francis from Sacramento, 58-38.
6. (NR) Villanova Prep (9-1) – The Villanova Prep girls won the Nordhoff Tournament for the first time in school history. Villanova Prep beat host Nordhoff, 56-47, in the championship game of the tournament. Hannah Kolbeck scored 22 points in the championship game and set a tournament record with 22.5 points per game.
7. (7) Oaks Christian (8-2) – The Oaks Christian girls won the South East Tournament behind 18 points from Crystal Owusu in the championship game. Oaks Christian beat Washington Prep, 59-51, in the championship game. Brianna Barrett scored 11 points against Washington Prep and earned tournament most valuable player.
8. (8) Montclair Prep (7-2) – The Montclair Prep girls won the Marymount Holiday Classic with one of their best players in foul trouble in the championship game. Montclair Prep beat host Marymount, 46-30, in the championship game. Alex Taylor, the team’s leading scorer, sat out most of the first quarter with two fouls. Lindsay Anderson scored 10 points and had eight rebounds in the championship game.
9. (10) Burroughs (6-2) – After winning the Valencia High-Five Classic, the Burroughs girls lost two games in their own tournament. Burroughs beat crosstown rival Burbank in the seventh-place game, 60-50. Lisa Elsenbach scored 19 points for Burroughs.
10. (6) Ventura (6-4) – Ventura beat Rio Mesa, 43-24, in a non-league game on Dec. 18. Eda Graham scored 12 points and Haley Litten had nine rebounds in the game against Rio Mesa. Ventura begins play in the Beverly Hills West Coast Holiday Festival today.