1. (1) Long Beach Poly, (14-0) - Not a particular pretty start to Moore League play, but wins always look good on paper. Proving he's human, Ryan Anderson needed two games to score 25 points. Next up: vs. Long Beach Wilson, Wednesday; at Millikan, Friday.
2. (2) Los Angeles Price, (11-5) - Three solid wins following a demoralizing winter break (three losses at Oaks Christian Holiday Hardwood) have the Knights thinking positive again. Next up: at Gardena Serra, Saturday.
3. (3) La Verne Lutheran, (5-2) - Playing against lesser competition makes Lutheran a tough team to gauge; outscoring the last three opponents 262 to 61 is scary regardless. Next up: Chino Hills Boys' Republic, Tuesday.
4. (5) Westchester, (13-5) - A third-place finish at the Sugar Bowl National Prep Classic in New Orleans is a good result considering the Comets fell to the eventual tournament champion in the semifinals. Next up: vs. University, Wednesday; at Fairfax, Thursday.
5. (6) Fairfax, (9-3) - The Lions took their talents north of the border and brought back the Snowball Classic trophy; transfer Landon Drew was selected tournament MVP. Next up: at Venice, Wednesday; vs. Westchester, Thursday; vs. University, Friday.
6. (4) Compton, (10-8) - A loss to top-ranked Long Beach Poly was expected, blowing a double-digit lead at home to Long Beach Wilson was not. Next up: vs. Long Beach Jordan, Wednesday.
7. (8) Damien, (13-1) - It was the lucky 13 to start the season, but the unblemished record is now gone. Character test: Four of the next five games come on the road. Next up: vs. at South Hills, Wednesday; at Chino Hills, Friday.
8. (9) St. John Bosco, (16-3) - There's been plenty of Cezar Guerrero, but his scoring dominance has had mixed results (46 points in a loss to Mater Dei, 38 points in an overtime win against Servite). Next up: vs. Santa Margarita, Wednesday.
9. (10) Peninsula, (15-1) - With the only loss coming to two-time defending state champ Westchester, the Panthers dive into Bay League play with 13 straight wins. Next up: vs. Redondo Union, Tuesday; at Leuzinger, Friday.
10. (7) Inglewood, (11-5) - All but one Ocean League team has a winning record, so the Sentinels can only hope the preseason challenges pay off. Next up: vs. Santa Monica, Wednesday; at Hawthorne, Friday.
Dropped out: None