1. Mater Dei, 24-2 (1)—The Monarchs won a 23rd consecutive league championship and go into the Division 1AA playoffs as the second seeded team.
2. Orange Lutheran, 20-7 (2)—Only county team to beat Mater Dei is seeded No. 1 in 4AA and hope this year it doesn’t fall three points short of a title.
3. Canyon, 24-3, (3)—Have one of the outstanding players in Chris Anderson who gives third-seeded Comanches a legit shot at 2AA title .
4. Mission Viejo, 25-1 (4)—Big man Isaac Neilson give the Diablos a dangerous element as they try to win 2AA title from the No. 2 spot. His tip-in at the buzzer beat Capo Valley.
5. Aliso Niguel, 24-2 (7)—Wolverines are seeded second in 1A and get a first- round bye because not enough teams applied for an at-large berth. That’s one less game they have to win.
6. Capistrano Valley, 20-6 (8)—Seeded third in 1A, the Cougars couldn’t close out opponents in a couple of big games, but it just takes one to make some noise.
7. Foothill, 19-7 (9)—The Knights tied for second in the Century League but are No. 3 in the Division 2A bracket.
8. Villa Park, 21-7 (10)—The Spartans could get a chance to avenge a 75-73 loss to Victor Valley in the second round of 2AA, but it will have to be on the road.
9. Los Alamitos, 20-8 (NR)—Victory over Edison earned a share of Sunset League title, but Griffins face No. 3 Corona Centennial in 1AA’s second round.
10. Edison, 24-2, (5)—Chargers made a big drop this week, but still might be better than those ranked higher with chance to prove it in 2AA.