The Century League is tough, and difficult to find any clear consensus. There was some consideration given to moving Orange Lutheran to No. 2 -- where the Lancers began the season when they were at full strength -- but being in the same division as Mission Viejo and Capistrano Valley, the rankings will sort itself out as the teams win. Should Ocean View and Mission Viejo both win out, Ocean View would jump the Diablos by virtue of a head-to-head win.
1. Mater Dei (24-2): Monarchs close out the season with 24th consecutive league title, 29th overall. Now embark on a 21st Southern Section title. Next: vs. Temecula Chaparral, Friday.
2. Mission Viejo (23-3): Michael Cramer dropped 29 points on Capo Valley to give the Diablos a share of the South Coast League title and the top-seeded position in the Division 1A playoffs. Next: Riverside La Sierra, Friday.
3. Capistrano Valley (22-4): Cougars lost to Mission Viejo but lost more than sole possession of the South Coast League title; they "won" the right to be on the same side of the playoff bracket as Orange Lutheran. Next: vs. Marina, Friday.
4. Orange Lutheran (16-11): Lancers were beaten by St. John Bosco, 59-57, but won twice against JSerra, including third-place playoff game, 75-71. Next: Dana Hill, Friday.
5. Ocean View (23-3): Cristian Rivera scored 18 and Conor Clifford 14 as Sea Hawks beat Segerstrom for Golden West perfection. Next: vs. Redondo, Friday.
6. JSerra (16-10): Tough week to play Mater Dei sandwiched between two against OLu, the latter a third-place playoff game. Go into playoffs with three-game losing streak, but could make a run. Next: at Laguna Beach, Wednesday.
7. Tustin (20-6): Tillers have won 12 in a row, went undefeated in the Empire League with 72-43 win over third-place Western. Next: vs. Sonora, Wednesday.
8. El Toro (20-8): Chargers came up short against Mission Viejo, then lost by 15 to Tesoro. Still, seeded fifth in Division 1A. Next: vs. Long Beach Cabrillo, Friday.
9. Foothill (21-5): Knights share the Century League title with 9-3 league mark as James Marinacci averaged 11.5 points this season. Next: vs. Corona Santiago, Friday.
10. Esperanza (17-9): Aztecs finished alongside Foothill for league honors as Andrzej Kolaczewski score 12 in a 54-38 victory over El Modena. Next: vs. Covina South Hills, Wednesday.