Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Some of what they're writing and saying around the SEC:
* Phillip Fulmer's Knoxville attorney, Jeff Hagood, says the Vols' coach will fight the subpoena he was served at SEC media days last week. Hagood tells Ray Melick of the Birmingham News that the whole thing is nothing more than an attempt to "harass" Fulmer.
* Joe Person of The State newspaper in Columbia writes that suspended quarterback Stephen Garcia has applied for early reinstatement to the university and could be at the Gamecocks' first practice on Friday.
* New South Carolina defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson tells Ron Morris of The State that the Gamecocks' talent on defense this season is as good as any he's been around.
* Bobby Petrino acts swiftly and suspends two Arkansas players for the first two games following arrests.
* The Hogs' most-experienced defensive lineman is facing drug and firearm charges.
* Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt warns the Rebels' fans not to expect miracles right away from Jerrell Powe, who's been cleared to play this season after first signing with Ole Miss nearly three and a half years ago.
* Don't feel sorry for Vanderbilt and who the Commodores lost. Coach Bobby Johnson likes the talent that returns. The Commodores open practice on Thursday.
* Once Tailback U., Auburn is putting in a new kind of spread on offense.