Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The Gators have their media day beginning Friday morning, and I'll have notes, quotes and updates throughout the day on Friday. Hope to catch up with Florida coach Urban Meyer for a Q&A and will take a look at what Florida fans can expect this season from the ultimate "slash" player, Percy Harvin. Here's a spin through the SEC:
* Now that Cornelius Ingram has been lost for the season, Aaron Hernandez says it's on him to step up and fill that playmaking role at tight end.
* Columnist Ray Melick of the Birmingham News wonders if Auburn freshman DeRon Furr was bullied into leaving the team after a fight broke out on the practice field last week.
* Already, there are some pretty lofty expectations for LSU defensive tackle Ricky Jean-Francois, who was the star of last season's BCS national championship game. Glenn Guilbeau of Gannett News Service poses this question: The next Glenn Dorsey?
* Vanderbilt's Bobby Johnson brings the right kind of attitude to a program that has gotten used to losing.
* Tennessee loses defensive tackle Chase Nelson for the season to a knee injury. The last place the Vols can afford to start losing players is in the defensive line.
* Bumps and bruises are starting to pile up for Georgia. The Bulldogs see a couple of receivers go down.