Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
• Nebraska linebackers coach Mike Ekeler, who played under Jim Leavitt at Kansas State, interviewed for the South Florida defensive coordinator's job over the weekend, Greg Auman writes in the St. Petersburg Times. Also interviewed was former Cincinnati defensive coordinator Joe Tresey.
• There's plenty of value to be had at the Carrier Dome this fall, Bud Poliquin writes in the Syracuse Post-Standard. Orange football season tickets can be had for as low as $12.50 per game. It's part of the school's plan to fill up the dome again in these tough economic times. Of course, the only real way to bring out the fans is for Doug Marrone to build a winner.
• The Rutgers athletic director search is down to three finalists, including a former Scarlet Knights football player, Tom Luicci writes in The Star-Ledger.
• Cincinnati got a pair of coveted 2010 commitments from its own backyard, showing that the Bearcats might now be able to keep the best local talent at home, Bill Koch writes in the Cincinnati Enquirer.
• Pat White had a good day at the NFL combine.