Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
• One-third of the way through spring practice, Louisville doesn't have a quarterback favorite yet, Michael Grant writes in The Courier-Journal.
• West Virginia basically has two guys at tailback and needs Mark Rodgers to take on a heavy load, Mike Casazza writes in the Charleston Daily Mail.
• Mountaineers offensive lineman Josh Jenkins learned a lot in his injury-shortened freshman season, including the NCAA redshirt rules, Dave Hickman says in the Charleston Gazette.
• The Examiner's Tom Edrington suggested that Jim Leavitt run a 40-yard dash against students before the spring game, and the South Florida coach said he liked the idea.
"I might run a 5.9," Leavitt said, "but that's something I'd consider doing. You could show me running up on the JumboTron."
• The Cincinnati Enquirer's Bill Koch has a preview of the Bearcats' spring practice, which starts on Tuesday.