Injuries: Bunkley healing, Moore waiting

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley (calf) returned to practice on a limited basis Thursday. Otherwise there were no changes to the Saints' injury report. Receiver Lance Moore (hand), running back Mark Ingram (toe), safety Roman Harper (knee) and defensive lineman Tyrunn Walker (knee) were again held out of team drills.

Cornerback Keenan Lewis (hip) and defensive end Tom Johnson (hamstring) were also limited.

Getting Bunkley back for Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears would be another boost to a defensive line that continues to get healthier. The Saints have done a great job filling in since Bunkley was injured in Week 1, led by rookie big man John Jenkins' impressive performance. But they'd prefer to have the luxury of rotating guys at those interior line positions to keep everyone fresh.

The others who missed practice seem less likely to return in time for Sunday's game -- though the Saints don't offer specifics on injuries.

Moore declined to give any specific details on the nature of his hand injury or his expected timetable for return. Moore wasn't wearing any sort of brace or wrap while in the locker room Thursday. But he said he needs to make sure to give the hand time to heal -- which he admitted is frustrating, compared to an injury with a more specific projected timetable.

"When your hand is hurt, that's my livelihood. If I don't allow my hand to heal properly, I'll be in trouble," said Moore, who joked that he doesn't have the luxury of playing with a heavy wrap around his hand like players at other positions sometimes do.

"I don't play a position (where) I can have a Mega Man club out there or anything," Moore said. "That'd be pretty tough catching every ball with one hand."

Moore also said that he actually didn't know exactly how the hand got injured.

"I've watched it so many times," Moore said of the injury, which occurred in Week 3 against the Arizona Cardinals. "I don't know if I got hit on it. I don't know if he slid by in a funny way. I don't know if I landed on it, the way I laid my hand down. It just happened so fast. I came to the sideline and something just didn't feel quite right. I tried to work it out on the sideline and they just decided to shut me down for precautionary reasons."