The single most important thing for the New York Giants to do this offseason is put back together their offensive line. With Kevin Boothe a free agent and the contract situations of David Baas and Chris Snee in limbo, it looks as though they could need new starters at center and both guard spots. Free agency offers a chance to address, that, and here's a list of the top players available at those positions:
1. Alex Mack, Cleveland. The top target, though the Browns and other teams will push hard. If the Giants are going to pay a premium price for a center, this is the guy to pay.
2. Evan Dietrich-Smith, Green Bay. Like Mack, he'll be 28 when the season opens and in his prime. The Packers are likely to try to keep him.
3. Brian De La Puente, New Orleans. He turns 29 in May and the Saints have enough depth on the interior of their line that they could let him walk.
2. Travelle Wharton, Carolina. He'll turn 33 in May, but he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 3 left guard in 2013.
3. Jon Asamoah, Kansas City. Schwartz outplayed him and maybe he'll want to leave town after having been benched.