It's been a crazy week in the playoffs. Defending CHSAA champion Xaverian was ousted, as well as Cardozo, the top seed in the PSAL playoffs. The champions will be crowned Friday. Here's this week's poll, which has plenty of changes.
Here's the poll:
1. Grand Street Campus (20-1/Last week: 1): Grand Street Campus swept Telecommunications to set up the final vs. George Washington.
2. Poly Prep (20-4/Last week: 4): Poly Prep is the ACIS champion after it defeating Fieldson in the title game more than a week ago.
3. George Washington (19-2/Last week: 7): Not that you would expect differently, but the defending PSAL champs are back in the finals.
4. Iona Prep (17-6/Last week: Unranked): Iona Prep won five straight games in the CHSAA tournament and is in the final.
5. Fordham Prep (15-8/Last week: Unranked): Fordham Prep will face St. Joseph by-the-Sea with the winner going to the CHSAA final.
6. St. Joseph by-the-Sea (17-5/Last week: 10): St. Joseph by-the-Sea will meet Fordham Prep to determine who faces Iona for the title.
7. Xaverian (19-3/Last week: 2): Xaverian lost to Fordham and then was ousted by Molloy in the CHSAA tournament.
8. Tottenville (17-4/Last week: 3): Tottenville fell in the quarterfinals to John Adams, which had to leave a bitter taste in its mouth.
9. Cardozo (18-1/Last week: 5): Cardozo fell victim to eighth-seeded Telecommunications in the quarterfinals.
10. St. Raymond (14-7/Last week: 8): Losses to Iona Prep and St. Joseph by-the-Sea eliminated St. Raymond from the CHSAA tournament.