After winning the State Federation title last year, Nazareth fell short this season, by falling in the semifinals. Still, the Lady Kingsmen end the season as our top team, as they were the best from day one to the final day. Here's the final poll.
1. Nazareth (18-4)/(LW: 1): Nazareth had a season it will want to forget, because of the tragedy and distractions it faced, and now has to turn its attention to try to keep its school open as it faces closure.
2. Christ the King (15-14)/(LW: 2): Christ the King will be right back in the mix next year as it has one of the most talented sophomores in the city in Sierra Calhoun and other strong players on its roster returning.
3. Moore Catholic (22-6)/(LW: 3): Moore Catholic continues to be one of the best programs in New York City but will have to try to rebound next season without the services of Christina Rubin and Jamie O'Hare.
4. Bishop Ford (22-6)/(LW: 4): Bishop Ford is destined for more success in the future and brings back plenty of strong pieces. There's no reason to think Bishop Ford can't contend for the league title next season.
5. Molloy (19-10)/(LW: 5): Molloy had a great first season under head coach Scott Lagas and will try to duplicate that next season. It has some key juniors like Carolyn Gallagher returning next year which will help.
6. Bishop Loughlin (17-12)/(LW: 7): Loughlin, just like Molloy last year, missed out on the AA playoffs and then swept through the Class A playoffs on its way to its State Federation crown.
7. Murry Bergtraum (18-8)/(LW: 6): Murry Bergtraum won its 14th straight crown and will now try to make it 15 straight years next season. Freshman Ashanae McLaughlin looks like a star in the making in the PSAL.
8. McKee/SI Tech (25-3)/(LW: 8): MSIT had the best season in school history but will now have to try to continue that success without senior Kaityln Astel. Bringing back junior Kelin Walsh will help the Seagulls.
9. South Shore (21-6)/(LW: 9): South Shore had a good season but has to think it underachieved by not reaching the PSAL final. This team will be in the mix once again next year although it loses some key players.
10. Mary Louis (13-17)/(LW: 10): Mary Louis is buoyed by talented freshmen and will be a team to watch in the next few years. In two season, the Hilltoppers could be as good as any team in New York City.