You could argue that in today's locked-out NHL, every contract is the worst.
After all, how good is a contract if it's not being honored?
That notwithstanding, there are some monumental contract failures in the league. Here's a list of what we think are the worst; all salaries courtesy of Capgeek.com (click here for more information on each contract):
1. Scott Gomez, Canadiens, seven years, $51.5 million
2. Rick DiPietro, Islanderes, 15 years, $67.5 million
3. Ville Leino, Sabres, six years, $27 million
4. Ilya Bryzgalov, Flyers, nine years, $51 million
5. Mike Komisarek, Maple Leafs, five years, $22.5 million
6. Wade Redden, Rangers, six years, $39 million
7. Paul Martin, Penguins, five years, $25 million
8. Mikhail Grabovski, Maple Leafs, five years, $27.5 million
9. Tyler Myers, Sabres, seven years, $38.5 million
10. James Wisniewski, Blue Jackets, six years, $33 million