INDIANAPOLIS -- The Jets' blog has landed in Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI. We'll keep you posted on Jets-related items throughout the week, but let's start with a rundown of former Jets playing in the Super Bowl.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS:
• DE Shaun Ellis --Chased the Super Bowl for 11 years with the Jets, signed with the Patriots and made it in his first try. Strictly a role player; only three snaps in the AFC Championship Game.
• S James Ihedigbo -- Never amounted to more than a special-teams player for the Jets, but has emerged as a starter in the Patriots' thin secondary.
• RB Danny Woodhead -- The diminutive back made the Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2010, but they tried to get cute with some roster juggling and got swiped by the Patriots. Now their third-down back.
Coaches: Bill Belichick, Pepper Johnson (defensive line).
NEW YORK GIANTS
• RT Kareem McKenzie -- Former third-round pick, signed with the Giants in 2005 and has been a rock at right tackle.
• RB D.J. Ware -- Had a cup of coffee with the Jets in 2007, now used in a third-down role.
• P Steve Weatherford -- Booted by the Jets after two seasons, but has found happiness with the Giants. Gave lip readers a shock last week with his profanity-laced celebration after the NFC Championship.
Coaches: Peter Guinta (secondary), David Merritt (secondary), Jim Herrmann (linebackers), Larry Izzo (assistant special teams) and Markus Paul (strength and conditioning).