ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper revealed the 3.0 version of his mock draft (Insider content) and -- surprise -- he's in agreement with fellow analyst Todd McShay. Kiper projects LSU DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo for the Jets with the ninth overall pick. Come on, fellas, where's the debate?
Kiper's top nine:
1. Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3. Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4. Eagles: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
5. Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. Browns: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
7. Cards: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
8. Bills: Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
9. Jets: Mingo
Kiper's analysis: It's about time the Jets found an athletic difference-maker on the edge for Rex Ryan. The interior of the defensive line should be a strength with Muhammad Wilkerson and Quinton Coples, but they need edge speed. Mingo is a freak athlete, and could become a star with the right coaching.
Cimini's take: I asked this question last week with McShay's mock, and I'll ask it again: Where does Mingo, only 6-foot-4, 242 pounds, fit in Rex Ryan's defense? He's way too small to be an every-down end and he's slightly undersized for a traditional 3-4 outside linebacker. Unless Ryan is willing to bend his usual positional standards, or unless the Jets are plotting a scheme shift, I don't see Mingo in green.