Notebook: Different start, familiar end

CHICAGO -- It was a taste of their own medicine as the New York Knicks were finally defeated by some sharp shooting.

The Chicago Bulls’ Nate Robinson hit 10 of his 18 shots Thursday, including 5 of his 11 from 3-point range, as the Knicks fell 118-111 in overtime. The defeat ended their 13-game winning streak, which stands as the fourth longest in the NBA this season.

During the length of their win streak, the Knicks had led the NBA in 3-point shooting, at 42.5 percent. The Bulls topped them Thursday, however, hitting on 44.8 percent of their 3-pointers compared to the Knicks’ 40.4 percent.

Things set up differently than they had in the Knicks’ previous three meetings with the Bulls, which were all defeats. Instead of being doomed by a slow start, the Knicks actually had their way at the outset. The Knicks not only started 6-of-6 from the floor, the Bulls opened 1-of-7.

After six minutes had expired, the Knicks had a 23-6 lead. And then slowly the tide turned as the Bulls adjusted their defense to combat the Knicks’ long-range shooting, which ultimately led to Robinson finding his shooting touch.

“It was definitely a physical game on both ends of the court, offensively and defensively,” Carmelo Anthony said. “Any time we play Chicago they try to beat us up, especially seeing us short-handed. I think that gave them a little momentum.”

FIRST FROM 3: The Knicks set the NBA record for 3-pointers in a season with 847 after making 10 more on Thursday. The previous record was 841 set by the Orlando Magic in the 2009-10 season.

They tied the record on a Pablo Prigioni 3-pointer with 5:58 remaining in the first quarter and set the new mark on a J.R. Smith 3 with 34.4 seconds remaining in the opening quarter.

NOT AGAIN: When Raymond Felton fell to the court holding his knee at the start of overtime, Knicks coach Mike Woodson couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“I’ve had so many injuries this year and the first thing you’re thinking is, ‘Is he going to get up and continue?’” Woodson said. “He was able to get up off the deck and finish the game.”

He might have fought through the remainder of the contest, but afterward he was moving slowly around the locker room with a severe limp. His status for Friday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers is still to be determined.