On Wednesday, the Knicks officially announced the re-signing of point guard Pablo Prigioni, who agreed to a three-year deal last week.
Players couldn't sign and teams couldn't comment until Wednesday, when the NBA's moratorium period ended.
"We are very excited to have Pablo back in a Knicks uniform," GM Glen Grunwald said in a statement. "He is one of our catalysts on both the offensive and defensive end. His tenacity, leadership and experience played an integral role in our team's success down the stretch, and into the postseason."
According to Prigioni's agent, George Bass, his client's contract will start at about $1.5 million annually, but it can increase to $2 million with incentives. Bass told ESPNNewYork.com the Knicks were No. 1 on Prigioni's list of potential suitors, while three other NBA teams were pitching for his services.
Prigioni made his NBA debut last season at 35 years old after playing professionally in Spain and his native Argentina. The Knicks embarked on a 13-game winning streak when Prigioni joined the starting lineup on March 18.
You can follow Jared Zwerling on Twitter.