Jason Isringhausen had the high score in the Mets' second bowling night, tallying a 239 in what was labeled another well-attended event.
Other morning tidbits from the clubhouse:
• Josh Thole will serve as the Mets' union rep this season.
• Brothers are scheduled to be opposite each other in the starting lineup Monday when Scott Hairston starts in right field for the Mets and Jerry Hairston Jr. starts at third base for the Nationals. They were teammates with the San Diego Padres last season.
• Daniel Murphy will start at third base. That's actually his natural position. Murphy, who played a few games there in the Dominican Republic this winter, played 131 games at third base for St. Lucie in 2007. Even if Murphy sees some time at second base in 2011, he also likely would serve as David Wright's backup at third base.
• Johan Santana tells Enrique Rojas that he is up to throwing on flat ground at a distance of 60 feet three times a week. He plans to pitch to a catcher in three months.
• Reliever Taylor Buchholz is dealing with hamstring tightness but tells the Daily News he won't miss any time.