The New York Mets will look to end a two-game skid Saturday night at Citi Field. Mike Pelfrey (3-5, 5.11 ERA) gets the ball for the Mets. He'll be opposed by Angels stud right-hander Dan Haren (6-4, 2.54).
Here are some interesting pregame tidbits -- courtesy of the Mets' media notes -- to keep you occupied before first pitch:
• Since May 22, the Mets are batting .283 (224-862), the third-highest mark in the majors.
• Over their last 22 games -- dating back to May 26 -- Mets starters have posted a 2.55 ERA (40 ER in 141.0 IP). The 2.55 ERA is the lowest mark in the majors over that span.
• The Mets went 3-for-16 with runners in scoring position in Friday night's 4-3 loss to the Angels. They went 3-for-14 in those situations on Thursday in Atlanta, and have now gone 9-for-51 (.176) with RISP in their last five games.
• Jose Reyes went hitless on Friday night (0-for-4, BB). It is just the third time in his last 21 games that Reyes has failed to collect at least one hit.
• Angel Pagan is batting .338 (27-for-80) with 13 RBIs and six stolen bases since returning from the disabled list May 27.
• Ronny Paulino is hitting .356 (26-for-73) in the 20 games he's started this year.