The Mets conclude the season facing Brad Peacock, Samuel Deduno and Nick Tropeano.METS (77-82, second place/NL East) vs. HOUSTON ASTROS (69-90, fourth place/AL West)
Astros short hops
• Long Islander Nick Tropeano is product of West Islip High School and Stony Brook University. A fifth-round pick in 2011, he made his major league debut Sept. 10.
• Ex-Met Collin McHugh had been lined up to face the Mets on Saturday, but the Astros shut him down because of an innings cap. McHugh went 11-9 with a 2.73 ERA in 25 starts for Houston after being claimed off waivers last offseason from the Colorado Rockies.
• UConn product George Springer has been shut down for the season with a strained left quadriceps, which has sidelined him since July 19.
• Jose Altuve has 222 hits, 46 doubles and 56 steals. The only other player in major league history to reach those levels in those three categories was Ty Cobb in 1911 (248 hits, 47 doubles and 83 steals). Altuve’s hit total is the most by a second baseman since Charlie Gehringer had 227 with the 1936 Detroit Tigers. Altuve’s .343 average leads the majors.
• The Astros have won 18 more games than in 2013. The franchise record is a 21-game improvement from 2000 (72-90) to 2001 (93-69).