Here are some highlights from Nets GM Billy King’s state of the union Wednesday:
• King said they told second-round pick Jordan Williams sending him to the NBDL is “not a demotion. It's a chance for you to play.”
• King on starting 3-11 and if the worst is already over: “If I knew that I’d be in Vegas. Injuries have hurt us, but I think we’re getting better.”
• On D-Will’s frustration level: “He’s frustrated, losing and trying to figure out why he’s not playing as well as he’d like. This has been tough for everybody.”
• On rookie MarShon Brooks: “You don’t see a lot of rookies with that type of confidence.”
• On Brooks’ defense: “He’s got some steps to take. World B. Free said it best, ‘If [the guy he’s guarding] gets 40, I gotta get 50.’”
• Shawne Williams (right foot) hopes to play Saturday.