Now that the San Francisco 49ers have survived the frozen tundra, playing in a frozen swamp should be no problem, right? All they have to do is get here.
While we wait for this weekend's matchups on the Road to MetLife, here's a quick look at some interesting stories about Super Bowl 48 from the past week:
• USA Today has a piece on advertising and other trends that are already apparent for Super Bowl 48.
• Here’s more on the golden Super Bowl tickets form the Asbury Park Press. It includes this gem: "You couldn’t pay me to go to this Super Bowl," said Brian Ansell of Ocean Township.
• Need a budget hotel room in New Jersey? It'll cost you $1,000 a night.
• The New Jersey Attorney General's office is set to crack down on the world's oldest profession during Super Bowl week, according to the Daily News.
• Here's the Star-Ledger's guide to Super Bowl parties in Jersey.