Our invaluable info people, Mark Simon and Katie Sharp, were kind enough to pass along some insight. I have highlighted the best stuff.
* For Michael Pineda, 2011 was tale of two halves. He was great in the first, not so much in the second.
* He was 8-6 with a 3.03 ERA in the first half. In the second, he was 1-4 with a 5.12.
* He was great at Safeco (5-4, 2.92 ERA) , not so great on the road (4-6, 4.40).
* He strikes out a lot of guys, finishing seventh in all of baseball with 9.1 K's per nine innings.
* He throws really, really hard. His fastball averaged 94.5 mph, which was fifth-highest in the game.
* Righties can't hit the guy, as he they had a major league worst .184 average against him.
* Lastly, this is a great list. Here are the most strikeouts in their Age 22 season or younger in the Divisional Era (since 1969):
1984 Dwight Gooden (276)
1998 Kerry Wood (233)
1969 Tom Griffen (200)
1986 Bobby Witt (174)
2011 Michael Pineda (173)